Wednesday 20 June 2012

Rainy Thursday

I got home last night in the dark - it was winter solstice yesterday. I changed into my fluoro orange trakky daks and runners, found the last disc in series five of WEEDS, grabbed the torch and headed down to the nerd cave to do some sweating.
The weather was all swirly and frightening and then I realised Max, the goat, was still pegged out in the paddock next door and I should move him.
Animals and windy weather make an interesting mix, so I got a work out just getting Max back to his little shed for some shelter. He's the only resistence exercise I get these days.
Anyway, after the usual struggle of working out which piece of electronic nonsense will play DVDs and which one is actually plugged into the telly, and untangling the wires, and then realising that the treadmill belt was skewiff, and fixing that because some sweatty teen may have been misusing the aparatus... I got it all working and walked quickly for about 30 minutes.
I wasn't up for a run.
I feel sooky.
And tired.
And I just want to curl up someplace quiet and read my Edward De Bono book, or the second one in the Sookie Stackhouse series my boss loaned me recently.
And hungry.
Very very hungry.

Back in the house, pasta bake was baking, experimental electronic music was competing loudly with The Big Bang Theory, and I was feeling sooky and tired.
I ended up going to bed to read at about 8.30pm - I don't know what time I fell asleep, but Significant Other had to remove my glasses and prise the book out of my hand when he came to bed.

This morning the rain on the roof kept sending me back to sleep, but I did manage to extricate myself from the clutches of my winter hibernation nest, check on the hens, in the rain, feed Max, in the rain, and then realise I should have worn galoshers, gum boots, wellingtons or wet weather footwear, and tucked my big flappy wide legged pants into them before I set out.

0 units of alcohol yesterday
Lots of food.
Lots of sleep
30 minutes brisk walk

No comments:

Post a Comment