Thursday 21 June 2012

Life on Mars

Good morning

I am attending some training today in how to better manage working with people with a mental illness. Stuff to ponder over the weekend.

It's been pissing with rain here for the last few days which makes me really reluctant to go outside at all, so I have been forgoing my lunch breaks to work on claims audits and tender writing the last few days.
Last night we got home as it was getting really dark (about 6pm) to a very cold house and very hungry cats and chooks that were asleep and a goat whose eyes were glowing in the dark from the torch I shone at him to make sure he was still alive. Devil goat. In the driveway. Devil Goat Drive.

My alarm on my phone went off at 6.10 playing the Black Rebel Motor Cycle Club's Aint No Easy Way, which was my signal to get down to the nerd cave and run. Or walk briskly.

I walked briskly for the final two episodes of Weeds Series five which took about an hour, then I went back to the house and ate a bowl of rattatoullie YUM

I did have two standard glasses of wine, but I stopped there, and it took me a couple of hours to get through them, no gulping, only lady sips.

So this evening I am starting series one of Life on Mars, which will be a nice change of pace from Weeds and True Blood.

2 standard glasses of cabernet sauvignon
lots of good food, no cake
8 hours sleep
60 minute brisk walk

No comments:

Post a Comment